Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Suffering - an opportunity for self- transformation

suf·fer·ing
ˈsəf(ə)riNG/
noun
  1. the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship.

    "weapons that cause unnecessary suffering"


First, you must stop being in denial.  I was in denial this could be happening. I had a little baby and she looked normal . My mommy instinct said that something wasn't right. My skills from previously working in nursing also said that something was not right.

Your fist step is to say - something is wrong. Once you do this. You are accepting your Trauma but it also gives you a sense of power over your situation.  Try not to pursue self- blame but I will tell you. It will happen. It happened with me. At the the best it should be a chance to refocus spiritually. 

We should give up all of our false Gods during this time. Stop putting our focus on anything but God. We should worship God alone. 

You will feel suffering during this time. It is part of the trauma.  You must do what you can do for survival mode. We all suffered really for years. We still suffer. It was something out of our control all we were doing was damage control. 
Do things you know to keep your body focused. Read the Bible and for us to spend time together as a family was really important during this time. 
We spent a lot of time searching for those pastors who spoke on healing. We still praise and worshipped God through all of this.  
It isn't to say that we still have the amount of suffering. It is a different type of suffering and some things we deal with better than others. Some things my husband deals with better than I do and I rely on his strength when this happens. Some things I deal with better than he deals with and he relies on me when this happens. When both of us crash our daughter now 18 is a great source to help get us through. 
I think we are all tired and weary and need rest. We have relied on one another until we are all empty.  
We need God and God is Rest. 

Matthew 11:28-30New American Standard Bible (NASB)

28 Come to Me, all [a]who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is [b]easy and My burden is light.”
My prayer: Father God I long for rest. I long for rest from this suffering in this life. Lord please bring us nearer to You. Lord refresh our eyes and our spirit and open our eyes to opportunities for rest. God may we bless those who offer those opportunities to us. May we use them well.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisdom

Day # 2515 TORTURE - ABDUCTION HOSTAGE IN FLORIDA

  The above video / photo taken by Abigailes sister Natascha was taken in Grapevine Texas.  This was taken a couple of weeks prior to their ...