Friday, October 7, 2016

update for winter

  I wanted to update on where we are at for the winter. We have been doing a new treatment/ therapy for Abigaile near North Texas. We love this area and plan to hopefully find some land to be able to park the bus and spend some time. This location is pretty central to everyone and everything.

We found a great therapy/ treatment for Abi here that I believe she will do great with. We have only worked on this for one week and then everyone got sick. When I say everyone I mean other kids at the therapy, the conductor, and even our family. We normally don't get sick - maybe a cold from over stress or work but not really this sick. I can't wait to feel better again.

We are applying for some work here so that we can transfer work here as well. We have had work, then scheduled time off then more work.  I think this will be worth it though.

It is also time to head back West for Physiotherapy for Abi and hopefully some more hyperbarics. These are therapies NOT covered by traditional insurance. Sadly. These are treatments and therapies that have worked significantly in Abigail's treatment plan.

So today we have started working on applications for campgrounds and planning our routing.  Also places to stay.  We have made this trip many times. The first time was all hotels and a mini van.

I thought we would never get there and I can't tell you how difficult it is to take clothing, dishes and cookware and then to find hotels with a full kitchen to be able to cook for Abi.

So we have found a couple of places that are a good potential. Now we wait. It is a $500.00 deposit per month and we can only stay 3 months. We need at least through Spring 2017 so that we can do therapy, treatments and also to be able to do school and work.

I won't complain about Southern California winters.

This means we can come back to Texas in the Spring and start looking for a new home. We have waited a long time to get this all worked out. One day I will write a book.

I will update our Coles pages site as well. http://www.colespages.org/AbigailesStory/pages/visit
We do appreciate those who have donated funds for travel or therapy for Abigaile. These expenses are paid for out of pocket or from a medical trust. They are not covered by traditional insurance.

God bless you all and thank you for your continued prayers,

The Golec family



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisdom

Day# 2409 Christmas 2023

Christmas 2023 - 2409 days without you    Sunday is one of my scheduled , supervised call days.   I typically read storybooks to Abigaile as...